How to activate and deactivate child lock on LG TV 65UM7450
Child blocking and protection, or parental control, is very useful to prevent your children from watching certain programs or accessing certain applications.
Parental control is an optional feature that is often available on high-end devices such as your LG TV 65UM7450.
However, it may be difficult to activate or deactivate this mode on your LG TV 65UM7450. We will see here some methods that allow to set these parameters in less than 10 seconds.
If you know the lock code
If you have never set the child lock on your LG TV 65UM7450 before, the lock code is probably the factory default.
It’s likely to be “0000” or “9443”.
If you have already set the child lock, then you will have to enter the code set before.
To lock and unlock the child mode, go to the “Menu” of your LG TV 65UM7450.
You can access this through the same button on the remote control, or by pressing the Menu button once, located on the bottom or side of your TV.
Once there, go to the sub-menu “Broadcast” or “Configuration” of your LG TV 65UM7450, by pressing the Plus and minus keys of your remote control or of your LG TV 65UM7450.
<The child lock sub-menu will be available.
You will be able to set various parameters such as:
- The viewing time per session
- The maximum viewing time per day
- Unauthorized viewing hours
- The type of programs allowed, such as cartoons: content filtering
- Allowed applications
- Monitoring children’s activity on your LG TV 65UM7450
Choose questions instead of a PIN number
To change the child mode later, you can choose to use questions instead of a PIN code.
However, be careful not to ask too difficult questions, as you will have to remember them.
What should I do if I forgot the child safety password on LG TV 65UM7450
We have identified four methods to disable the child lock if the password is forgotten.
Find all the information about LG TV 65UM7450 in our articles.
1. Via the “Menu” of your LG TV 65UM7450
In this case, simply select the “Function” or “Menu” item on your LG TV 65UM7450.
This will give you access to the control panel of your LG TV 65UM7450.
From there, go to the sub-menu “Broadcasting”, “Diffusion” or equivalent on your LG TV 65UM7450.
You can access this submenu with the +/- program keys on your remote control, or directly using the buttons on your LG TV 65UM7450.
In this submenu, move the cursor to “child lock”, then press the volume key +/- to change the setting.
You have consequently deactivated the child lock option.
2. The “brute force” method
With this method, you will have to press and hold the mute button on your LG TV 65UM7450 for a few seconds, or the button located on your LG TV 65UM7450 to turn on the display.
Then hold down the return button for a few seconds as well.
3. Use a universal password to unlock child mode
Go to the child lock menu of your LG TV 65UM7450, via your remote control or directly via the “Menu” buttons and then “Program more and less”.
Next, try a universal password like “0000” or “9443”.
If this doesn’t work, you can contact your dealer.
They will give you the universal password to unlock child mode.
4. Force the display of the desired channels from their LG TV 65UM7450
You can force the display for some channels on your LG TV 65UM7450.
To do this, simply press and hold the channel number on your remote control.
The selected channel will then change to green, allowing you to watch it.
To conclude on parental control
As we have seen, parental control on your LG TV 65UM7450 is very useful.
You can activate or deactivate it at any time, even without knowing the PIN code.
Giving parents the ability to block certain programs or applications is a basic feature of your LG TV 65UM7450.
This is made possible by V-chip technology, for example.
Removing the rough parts of computer games and blocking various websites that include adult images or swearings are, of course, part of these parental controls.
Where are parental controls on LG TV?
You can restrict TV viewing by TV Rating Locks or Programme Locks.
Press Home and then click Settings on the top right side of the Home • Press the 3 dot button ► Press Safety • Set Safety to On Please use the key to familiarise yourself with the buttons described.
How do I reset parental controls on my LG TV?
– Press and hold the Settings button on the remote control for about five seconds.
– Select Safety on the bottom left side of the screen.
– Turn On the Safety feature.
– Then select Reset PIN Code.
– You’ll be asked to enter the current PIN first.
The default PIN is 0000.
– Then you’ll be asked to enter a new PIN.
How do I turn off parental controls on my smart TV?
Step 1: Put the Samsung TV in standby mode by hitting the power button on the remote control. Step 2: Now press ‘Mute -> 8 -> 2 -> 4 -> Power’ one after the other.
The PIN resets to ‘0000’. Using the reset PIN, you can disable the parental controls on Samsung smart TV easily.
LG TV WebOS Safety Settings and PIN Master Reset
8 ancillary questions
How do I reset my parental control password on my TV?
– Open the Settings screen.
How to access Settings.
If the remote control has a Quick Settings button: …
– The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: Select System → Parental controls → Change PIN. Select Watching TV → Parental controls → PIN Code.
– Set your desired 4-digit PIN code.
How do I stop kids watching YouTube on my smart TV?
Open the YouTube app on your smart TV. Go to the sidebar menu and scroll down to Settings.
Navigate to Restricted mode and click the On button.
How do I limit screen time on my LG Smart TV?
– Press the ‘Smart’ button on your remote control.
– Select ‘Settings’ > ‘Time’
– Turn ‘Off Time’ on.
– Select the date and time that you want the TV to turn off at.
How do I put parental controls on my Smart TV?
– From the Google TV home screen, go to your profile picture or initial.
– Under “Who’s watching,” select Add a kid. Get started.
– Select an option: …
– Choose the apps you want to include in the kid’s home screen.
– To set up parental controls, follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I restrict YouTube on my smart TV?
– Open the YouTube app on your smart TV.
– Go to the sidebar menu and scroll down to Settings.
– Navigate to Restricted mode and click the On button.
How do I block inappropriate content on my Smart TV?
– Press the Home button on the remote control.
– Go to Settings on the bottom left corner of the screen.
– Go to Broadcasting in the settings menu.
– Then select Program Rating Lock Settings and turn the feature on.
Can I put restrictions on a smart TV?
Like computers, all connected televisions have the ability to restrict access to apps or internet browsing.
The instructions will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, so make sure you check the manual if you need to set them up.
In particular, look for devices that offer a PIN to restrict access when you need to.
How do I turn off parental controls completely?
– On your parent device, open the Family Link app.
– Select your child.
– Tap Controls.
– Tap Stop supervision.
– Follow the on-screen instructions.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
You still have issues? Our team of experts and passionate could help you, feel free to contact us.