How to activate and deactivate child lock on SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED
Child blocking and protection, or parental control, is very useful to prevent your children from watching certain programs or accessing certain applications.
Parental control is an optional feature that is often available on high-end devices such as your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
However, it may be difficult to activate or deactivate this mode on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED. We will see here some methods that allow to set these parameters in less than 10 seconds.
If you know the lock code
If you have never set the child lock on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED before, the lock code is probably the factory default.
It’s likely to be “0000” or “9443”.
If you have already set the child lock, then you will have to enter the code set before.
To lock and unlock the child mode, go to the “Menu” of your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
You can access this through the same button on the remote control, or by pressing the Menu button once, located on the bottom or side of your TV.
Once there, go to the sub-menu “Broadcast” or “Configuration” of your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED, by pressing the Plus and minus keys of your remote control or of your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
<The child lock sub-menu will be available.
You will be able to set various parameters such as:
- The viewing time per session
- The maximum viewing time per day
- Unauthorized viewing hours
- The type of programs allowed, such as cartoons: content filtering
- Allowed applications
- Monitoring children’s activity on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED
Choose questions instead of a PIN number
To change the child mode later, you can choose to use questions instead of a PIN code.
However, be careful not to ask too difficult questions, as you will have to remember them.
What should I do if I forgot the child safety password on SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED
We have identified four methods to disable the child lock if the password is forgotten.
Find all the information about SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED in our articles.
1. Via the “Menu” of your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED
In this case, simply select the “Function” or “Menu” item on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
This will give you access to the control panel of your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
From there, go to the sub-menu “Broadcasting”, “Diffusion” or equivalent on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
You can access this submenu with the +/- program keys on your remote control, or directly using the buttons on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
In this submenu, move the cursor to “child lock”, then press the volume key +/- to change the setting.
You have consequently deactivated the child lock option.
2. The “brute force” method
With this method, you will have to press and hold the mute button on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED for a few seconds, or the button located on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED to turn on the display.
Then hold down the return button for a few seconds as well.
3. Use a universal password to unlock child mode
Go to the child lock menu of your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED, via your remote control or directly via the “Menu” buttons and then “Program more and less”.
Next, try a universal password like “0000” or “9443”.
If this doesn’t work, you can contact your dealer.
They will give you the universal password to unlock child mode.
4. Force the display of the desired channels from their SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED
You can force the display for some channels on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
To do this, simply press and hold the channel number on your remote control.
The selected channel will then change to green, allowing you to watch it.
To conclude on parental control
As we have seen, parental control on your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED is very useful.
You can activate or deactivate it at any time, even without knowing the PIN code.
Giving parents the ability to block certain programs or applications is a basic feature of your SONY KD-55AG8 TV OLED.
This is made possible by V-chip technology, for example.
Removing the rough parts of computer games and blocking various websites that include adult images or swearings are, of course, part of these parental controls.
How do I restrict Youtube on my Sony Bravia TV?
– Press the HOME button, then select [Settings].
– Select [Preferences] → [Parental Lock].
– Press the button in [Password], enter the password, then select [Channel Block]/[Analog Channel Block] → the channel to be blocked → [Blocked]. (When using the Touchpad Remote Control, press the touchpad in [Password].)
What to do if you forgot your restricted profile pin on Sony TV?
– Press the HOME button.
– Scroll down to Settings.
– In the Personal section select Parental Lock (Broadcast)
– Enter the Master PIN (9999)
– Select Change PIN Code and change it to your desired PIN.
How do I set a time limit on my Sony TV?
– Press the (Quick Settings) button on the remote control, and select the following in order.
[Settings] — [System] — [Parental controls] — [Screen time]
– Set or input the PIN.
– Enable [Restrict screen time] to start restriction.
How do I set parental controls on my Sony TV?
– On the remote control, press the HOME button.
– Select Settings.
– The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: Select Watching TV → Parental controls or Parental lock.
– Set your desired 4-digit PIN code.
Sony A8G 4K HDR OLED TV Unboxing And Basic Setup
5 ancillary questions
How do I restrict Youtube on my Sony TV?
– On the supplied remote control, press the (Quick Settings) button.
– Select Parental controls.
– Select Apps.
– Select Enter PIN, then enter your PIN number.
– Enable Restrict apps to customize app restrictions.
– Select each app that you want to restrict.
How do I set the timer on my Sony Bravia TV?
– Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] using the / buttons.
– Select [System Settings] using the / buttons, then press the button.
– Select [Clock/Timers] using the / buttons, then press the button.
– Select [Sleep Timer] using the / buttons, then press the button.
How do I restrict YouTube for my child?
– Sign in to YouTube with your linked parent account.
– Go to your profile picture .
– Select Settings .
– Select Parent Settings.
If you’re on a computer, select Manage settings for your kids, next to “Parent Settings.”
How do I set parental controls on my smart TV?
– From the Google TV home screen, go to your profile picture or initial.
– Under “Who’s watching,” select Add a kid. Get started.
– Select an option: …
– Choose the apps you want to include in the kid’s home screen.
– To set up parental controls, follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I remove YouTube from my Vizio smart TV?
Press the VIA button on the remote.
Press the yellow button on the remote.
Select Delete App from the pop-up menu.
Then confirm your choice and select Yes, delete.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
You still have issues? Our team of experts and passionate could help you, feel free to contact us.