How to reset a normal color on your THOMSON 55UC6406
You wanted to watch TV when, suddenly, you noticed your THOMSON 55UC6406 displayed catastrophic colors! Fluorescent, black and white, colors too saturated, or a burr in the colors at startup… These color problems are really unpleasant for your viewer experience.
This is why we have chosen to introduce you in this article how to reset a normal color on your THOMSON 55UC6406. We will see the problem of connecting the SCART, the possible TV settings, and the quality of the capacitors of your THOMSON 55UC6406.
SCART on your THOMSON 55UC6406
The SCART cable is the cable that allows an audio and video connection between your decoder and your television.
It is the cousin of the hdmi cable.
When it is loose or damaged, the quality of the audio or video on your television may drop dramatically.
In particular, your THOMSON 55UC6406 can have fluorescent colors instead of normal colors.
In this case, first check the connection of your SCART. Unplug it, clean its inputs and outputs, and reconnect it.
If this does not work, you must replace your cable.
You can find them easily in stores.
When you connect the new cable, be careful to turn off the TV and the decoder to avoid handling problems.
Your THOMSON 55UC6406 settings
It sometimes happens that after a power failure, your TV settings will change without your knowledge.
It also happens that a child takes your remote control and plays with it before turning off the television.
In both cases, your television may suddenly appear in black and white, or on the contrary, with saturated colors.
Find all the information about How to reset a normal color on THOMSON 55UC6406 in our articles.
Do not panic ! Here is how to reset a normal color on your THOMSON 55UC6406 with standard TV settings.
Take the remote control of your THOMSON 55UC6406, and press “Menu” then select “Setup”, which can also be called “Main Menu”, “System Menu”, “Tool Menu”, “Setup Menu” or “System Setup”.
There, go to “Image”.
You are in the menu that adjusts the image quality of your THOMSON 55UC6406. Go to the saturation gauge.
You may have to go to a sub-menu called “Colors”.
If your image is in black and white, increase the saturation using the left and right directionnal buttons displayed on your THOMSON 55UC6406.
If your image is too saturated in color, lower the saturation using the “left” and “right” directional buttons.
Then, if your television is in black and white, go to the “RGB” gauge of your THOMSON 55UC6406, which can be divided into several gauges like “R1”, “R2”, “G1”, etc… Increase the gauges until the color is obtained.
It is not necessary to adjust these gauges if your television had the colors saturated. Finally, choose the display mode of the image you prefer for your THOMSON 55UC6406.
You will have the choice between “Normal”, “Cinema”, “Dynamic, and others.” This can help you find the display mode best suited to your tastes.
Capacitors on THOMSON 55UC6406
Finally, the capacitors may be at fault when the colors of your THOMSON 55UC6406 are not displayed correctly.
Notably at start-up, an image is displayed with colors that “drool”, then disappears after a little time of use.
If your capacitors work badly when cold, at start-up then, you have to change them. Capacitors are electrical components essential to the start-up of an electronic object.
They are made of an insulation and two metal wires.
Be careful, if you do not feel comfortable with the following procedure, bring yourself closer to an expert who will help you for a reasonable price.
Indeed, this procedure is highly risky as you may get electrocuted. Please unplug the power from your THOMSON 55UC6406, and ask a professional to do it if you are not an expert about electricity.
To repair the capacitors, you must go to the back of your THOMSON 55UC6406 television and remove the protective cover if the capacitors are not already visible.
When you see them, have a pair of pliers, and separate them from the TV. Next, place the capacitors, which you can buy for the price of bread in a store, in the right place and with the help of a welder, assemble them to your THOMSON 55UC6406. Wait a few minutes for the capacitors to cool down.
And now, the colors work again!
To conclude on resetting a normal color on your THOMSON 55UC6406
We’ve just seen how to put a normal color on your THOMSON 55UC6406.
However, if you encounter any difficulty, do not hesitate to ask for help from a friend. Or ask for help from a professional who will guide you step by step to do so. We hope it helped fixing your THOMSON 55UC6406!
How do I reset my Thomson TV without the remote?
– Unplug the television power cord from the electrical outlet. Leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.
– Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
– If the TV doesn’t start up, use the Power button on the TV to turn it on.
How do I reset my Thomson Android TV remote?
– Remove a battery from the remote and press a button to discharge the remote entirely.
– Reinsert the battery – the LED should blink twice.
– Press the digits 2 and 8 simultaneously within 6 seconds – the LED should blink twice.
How to Hard Reset THOMSON Smart LED TV – Restore All Default Settings in Thomson TV
9 ancillary questions
How do I reset my one TV remote?
– Hold down the TV Power and Back keys until the ring blinks twice in yellow.
– Press OPTIONS, REPLAY and HOME consecutively.
– The ring will blink red 4 times and the remote is now reset.
Why is my Thomson Android TV remote not working?
Make sure none of the remote buttons are jammed or stuck.
The remote control battery terminals may be dirty.
Remove the batteries and clean the remote control terminals with a small solution of alcohol, using a cotton bud or soft cloth, then place the batteries back into the remote control.
How do I reset my Android TV remote?
– On the TV remote control, press the HELP button or press the (Input) button, and then select Help.
– Select Manual (Help Guide).
– Select Settings.
– Select Using the Quick Settings → Settings → System → About → Reset → Factory data reset → Erase everything → Yes.
Why is my remote not pairing with my TV?
However, the most common reasons for a TV remote that is not working are battery issues, paring issues, or infrared sensor issues.
Press the power button while pointing the remote control at your TV.
Make sure the LED indicator on the TV blinks.
How do I reset my TV remote?
– Open the battery compartment cover and remove the batteries.
– Press and hold the Power button for three seconds.
– Insert the batteries again and close the battery compartment cover.
How do you pair a remote to a TV?
What to do if my Android TV remote is not working?
– On your remote, press Home.
– At the top right, select Settings.
– Under “Network & Accessories,” select Network.
How do I reconnect my remote to my TV?
– Power on the TV or other device you’d like to connect to.
– Insert batteries into your remote and point at the device.
– Press and release the correct device button on your remote for the device you’re connecting.
– Now press the power button and the device button simultaneously.
How do you fix a TV that has power but wont turn on?
If the television still won’t turn on, turn your TV off at the wall and unplug it from the plug socket. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in and switch it on.
This is called a ‘soft reset’ and should recalibrate the TV.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
- How to update THOMSON 65UC6596
- How to connect your THOMSON 32HB5426
- How to download apps on THOMSON 32HB5426
You still have issues? Our team of experts and passionate could help you, feel free to contact us.