How to go online with your LG OLED55B7V
In a world where our phone serves as a GPS or a morning newspaper, and where our tablet serves as a gaming console, why wouldn’t our television serve to surf the Internet? Well it’s possible! Beyond watching your programs on your LG OLED55B7V, you can watch online videos, read your emails, or use apps.
It is to help you do all of this that we wrote this article on how to go on the Internet with a LG OLED55B7V. We will see that you can go on the Internet with your LG OLED55B7V TV in different ways: with Android TV, with your TV and Internet provider box, and with your computer!
Using Android TV with your LG OLED55B7V
The first solution is to have the Android TV. But what is it ? This is an Android service to have Internet and applications on your LG OLED55B7V TV.
You can either buy a TV with integrated Android TV, or buy the box NVIDIA SHIELD.
Here we will see the case of the box. Simply connect it to your LG OLED55B7V TV with an HDMI cable.
For this, on your TV, plug the cable into “HDMi In”. On the SHIELD, plug the cable into “HDMi Out”.
You can now turn on your SHIELD with its remote control.
Make sure that your TV displays the SHIELD screen.
If it does not, take the remote control of your LG OLED55B7V and press “Source”, or the button with an arrow that enters a square.
Then select the HDMI corresponding to the one where you just plugged in your SHIELD box.
There you go ! All you have to do is navigate your Android TV with the SHIELD remote control.
With an Internet box provider connected to LG OLED55B7V
You can also go on the Internet with a LG OLED55B7V TV thanks to your TV and Internet provider box. First, connected the Internet box to the TV box with an ethernet cable.
Then, it is quite simple: you need to turn on your TV and Internet provider box, then, with the arrow keys and the “OK” button, select “My applications” or “My services”.
Find all the information about LG OLED55B7V in our articles.
There you can choose the service or application you want to use to watch online videos, read your emails, or play a game.
With your computer wired to your LG OLED55B7V
Finally, you can go on the Internet with a LG OLED55B7V TV thanks to your computer! In this case, your television becomes your computer screen. Start by connecting your computer, laptop or tower, with an HDMI cable to your television.
Make sure your TV displays the screen for your computer.
If it does not, take the remote control of your LG OLED55B7V TV and press “Source”, or the button with an arrow that enters a square.
Then select the HDMI corresponding to the one where you just connected your computer.
Then you just have to connect a keyboard and a wireless mouse to your computer to browse the Internet from your sofa.
To conclude on going online with your LG OLED55B7V
We saw how to go online with a LG OLED55B7V TV.
This can be handy for having a larger screen to watch videos, or play games.
But if you encounter difficulties, do not hesitate to contact a professional or a friend who knows the technology.
How do I turn on the Internet on my LG TV?
– Open “Quick Setting Menu” of LG Smart TV by using remote controller & Go to “Network” setting menu.
– S elect Wi-Fi Connection and press OK button on remote controller.
– Click on “Wi-Fi Connection” (Turn to green colour and available network connections are visible).
– Click on desired network name to connect. (
Does LG OLED TV have web browser?
Your LG Smart TV browser is a fully functioning web browser that will work in a similar way to that of a web browser on a PC.
How do I connect LG OLED TV to Internet?
Can I browse the Internet on my LG Smart TV?
With an LG smart TV, you get access to websites and online apps like Netflix or YouTube.
To use these functions, you have to connect the TV to the internet first via a wired or wireless connection.
Stream Synology NAS Video to your LG Smart TV
10 ancillary questions
How do I set up my smart TV without cable?
You can simply plug your antenna into your TV (don’t forget to scan for channels) You can put your streaming services on your TV with a streaming device: choose a platform and a device (either an external and HDMI-connected device or an all-in-one smart TV solution), and get streaming!Jan 12, 2023
How do I set up Google on my smart TV?
– On your phone, open Google Home .
– At the top left, tap Add Set up device.
Set up new devices in your home.
– Choose or add a home.
– Tap Scan code and allow the app to use your phone’s camera.
– Scan the QR code on your TV screen.
– Follow the instructions in the Home app and on your TV screen.
How do I browse the Internet on my LG TV?
– Press the SMART button on your LG remote and scroll to access the Home menu.
– Select the Settings button, then OK.
– Select Network, then WiFi Connection.
– Your LG Smart TV will first attempt to connect to a wired network.
– Select your WiFi network from the list of available networks.
Why won’t my TV connect to the Internet?
Power reset your modem/router Internet connection issues are often resolved after performing a power reset.
If you have a separate modem and router, power reset both devices.
Unplug the power cable to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
Reconnect the power cable to your modem/router and ensure it’s turned on.
How do I check my TV network connection?
– Click the HOME button on your TV remote.
Navigate to Settings and select it using your remote.
– Select Network in the General menu.
– Select Network Status.
– On this screen, it is possible to see the status of the network.
In addition, you can check your IP settings and try to reconnect.
Can I use my Smart TV to browse the Internet?
An increasing number of smart TVs now come with a web browser, making them a viable option for surfing the Internet from your living room.
It’s great for quick searching or reading the news with your loved ones.
How can I browse internet on my smart TV?
– On your TV remote control, press the HOME button.
– For Android™ 8.0 or later, Select Apps.
– Select Internet Browser.
How to check the connection on LG TV to connect to the network?
From [Settings], select [All Settings]. 3.
In [Connection], check whether the [Wired Network Connection] or [Wireless Network Connection] status is [Connected to the Internet].
Why won’t my LG OLED TV connect to Wi-Fi?
If there is no problem with the connection, reset the modem/router by unplugging them for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. When the initialization is complete, turn the TV’s power off and back on, and setup the TV’s network connection again.
How do I connect my TV to wireless internet?
– Get the tab with your WiFi’s name and password from your router.
– Using the remote, on your TV, find the Menu, then Network Settings, then Set Up a New Connection.
– Enter the WiFi name and password from the tab you grabbed earlier.
– You should be all set!
You may also be interested in the following articles:
- How to set DTT channels on LG 65UJ670V LED 4K UHD HDR
- How to reset a normal color on LG 55SJ850V
- How to connect your LG 55UH605V
You still have issues? Our team of experts and passionate could help you, feel free to contact us.