How to activate and deactivate child lock on LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD
Child blocking and protection, or parental control, is very useful to prevent your children from watching certain programs or accessing certain applications.
Parental control is an optional feature that is often available on high-end devices such as your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
However, it may be difficult to activate or deactivate this mode on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD. We will see here some methods that allow to set these parameters in less than 10 seconds.
If you know the lock code
If you have never set the child lock on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD before, the lock code is probably the factory default.
It’s likely to be “0000” or “9443”.
If you have already set the child lock, then you will have to enter the code set before.
To lock and unlock the child mode, go to the “Menu” of your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
You can access this through the same button on the remote control, or by pressing the Menu button once, located on the bottom or side of your TV.
Once there, go to the sub-menu “Broadcast” or “Configuration” of your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD, by pressing the Plus and minus keys of your remote control or of your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
<The child lock sub-menu will be available.
You will be able to set various parameters such as:
- The viewing time per session
- The maximum viewing time per day
- Unauthorized viewing hours
- The type of programs allowed, such as cartoons: content filtering
- Allowed applications
- Monitoring children’s activity on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD
Choose questions instead of a PIN number
To change the child mode later, you can choose to use questions instead of a PIN code.
However, be careful not to ask too difficult questions, as you will have to remember them.
What should I do if I forgot the child safety password on LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD
We have identified four methods to disable the child lock if the password is forgotten.
Find all the information about LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD in our articles.
1. Via the “Menu” of your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD
In this case, simply select the “Function” or “Menu” item on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
This will give you access to the control panel of your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
From there, go to the sub-menu “Broadcasting”, “Diffusion” or equivalent on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
You can access this submenu with the +/- program keys on your remote control, or directly using the buttons on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
In this submenu, move the cursor to “child lock”, then press the volume key +/- to change the setting.
You have consequently deactivated the child lock option.
2. The “brute force” method
With this method, you will have to press and hold the mute button on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD for a few seconds, or the button located on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD to turn on the display.
Then hold down the return button for a few seconds as well.
3. Use a universal password to unlock child mode
Go to the child lock menu of your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD, via your remote control or directly via the “Menu” buttons and then “Program more and less”.
Next, try a universal password like “0000” or “9443”.
If this doesn’t work, you can contact your dealer.
They will give you the universal password to unlock child mode.
4. Force the display of the desired channels from their LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD
You can force the display for some channels on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
To do this, simply press and hold the channel number on your remote control.
The selected channel will then change to green, allowing you to watch it.
To conclude on parental control
As we have seen, parental control on your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD is very useful.
You can activate or deactivate it at any time, even without knowing the PIN code.
Giving parents the ability to block certain programs or applications is a basic feature of your LG 65SM8200PLA 4K UHD.
This is made possible by V-chip technology, for example.
Removing the rough parts of computer games and blocking various websites that include adult images or swearings are, of course, part of these parental controls.
How do I turn off SafeSearch on my LG TV?
From the Android TV home screen, scroll down and select Settings.
Select On or Off.
How do I put parental controls on my LG Smart TV?
Press Home and then click Settings on the top right side of the Home.
Click the three dots button ►press Safety • Set Safety to On. Select the Application Locks.
Select the Applications to lock/unlock.
How do I put parental controls on my smart TV?
– From the Google TV home screen, go to your profile picture or initial.
– Under “Who’s watching,” select Add a kid. Get started.
– Select an option: …
– Choose the apps you want to include in the kid’s home screen.
– To set up parental controls, follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I limit screen time on my LG Smart TV?
– Press the ‘Smart’ button on your remote control.
– Select ‘Settings’ > ‘Time’
– Turn ‘Off Time’ on.
– Select the date and time that you want the TV to turn off at.
LG TV WebOS Safety Settings and PIN Master Reset
8 ancillary questions
Can you set time limits on smart TVs?
Set up a kids profile on Google TV to choose which apps your kids can use, and to set up bedtime reminders and screen time limits.
Kids profiles may not be available in some regions or on some devices.
How do I lock my kids YouTube on my TV?
– Open the YouTube app on your smart TV.
– Go to the sidebar menu and scroll down to Settings.
– Navigate to Restricted mode and click the On button.
How do you get YouTube off kids mode on TV?
Open the YouTube app on your smart TV. Go to the sidebar menu and scroll down to Settings.
Navigate to Restricted mode and click the On button.
How do I turn off kids mode on YouTube?
How do you block on YouTube Kids?
– Tap More at the top of the video.
– Tap BLOCK .
– In the dialog that opens, select Block this video only, or select Block entire channel to block the channel associated with the video.
– Tap BLOCK.
– Enter the numbers that show on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.
Can I put restrictions on a smart TV?
Like computers, all connected televisions have the ability to restrict access to apps or internet browsing.
The instructions will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, so make sure you check the manual if you need to set them up.
In particular, look for devices that offer a PIN to restrict access when you need to.
Is there a way to lock YouTube for kids?
– On your device, open the Family Link app .
– Select your child.
– Tap Controls Content restrictions.
Change your child’s YouTube Kids settings, under “YouTube Kids Settings.” Change your child’s supervised experience on YouTube settings, under “YouTube Settings.”
How do I restrict apps on my smart TV?
– From the Android TV Home screen, scroll up and select Settings .
If you don’t see this option, scroll down.
– Scroll down to “Personal,” and select Security & Restrictions.
Create restricted profile.
– Set a PIN.
– Choose which apps the profile can use.
– When you’re done, on your remote, press Back.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
You still have issues? Our team of experts and passionate could help you, feel free to contact us.