How to update your SAMSUNG UE48J5000
You have owned a SAMSUNG UE48J5000 for a long time and you are tired of the system display on your screen? Or you often receive an update message from your decoder or your TV box? We have written this article to help you! There are many ways to update your SAMSUNG UE48J5000 TV.
Here we will see how to update your TV model, your decoder, and your box.
Update your SAMSUNG UE48J5000 TV
First of all, we will explain how to make an update on SAMSUNG UE48J5000.
This manipulation requires that your model has a usb port.
First, go to your SAMSUNG UE48J5000 manufacturer’s website.
Then go to “Product Support”, and select your model.
Then, in a menu corresponding to your model, you will see “Manuals & Documents”, “Software & Program”, “Help” and sometimes “Video Tutorials”. Go to “Software & Program”.
Here you can view all the software update guides.
After that, download the “Software.zip” file.
Open this file in your computer and find a file ending with “.epk” and place it on a USB key.
Finally, connect your USB stick to the USB port of your SAMSUNG UE48J5000.
You will see a message asking if you want to update it.
Agree, let it load, it’s done!
Find all the information about SAMSUNG UE48J5000 in our articles.
To update the decoder wired to your SAMSUNG UE48J5000, you will not have much to do, except waiting! Periodically, decoder providers update their software.
When this happens, a message appears on your SAMSUNG UE48J5000 TV screen asking you if you want to update.
Select “Update”, or “OK”, or “Yes”.
Then, your decoder goes into standby and installs the update automatically.
This should only take a few minutes.
If your decoder takes several hours, contact the after-sales service of your decoder provider linked to your SAMSUNG UE48J5000!
Update your box on your SAMSUNG UE48J5000
Finally, you can update your box.
Your internet and TV box provider often upgrades the software of his platform.
To do this, a message appears on your TV screen asking you if you want to update.
Select “Update”, or “OK”, or “Yes”.
Then, your box goes into standby and installs the update automatically.
Then it reboots.
Sometimes it doesn’t ask you anything more, sometimes it can ask for your preferences on any menu.
Make your choices.
And now, it’s done, you’ve just updated the box connected to your SAMSUNG UE48J5000.
To conclude on updating your SAMSUNG UE48J5000
We’ve just seen how to update the SAMSUNG UE48J5000. Whether it’s the television itself, your decoder, or your box, many updates are available for your SAMSUNG UE48J5000.
However, we realize that manipulation to update on SAMSUNG UE48J5000 itself can be difficult.
In this case, do not hesitate to solicit the help of a friend who knows about TVs, or to call the help contacts provided by your television manufacturer.
Why isn’t Hulu working on my Samsung Smart TV?
There are several seasons of the Hulu App not working on Samsung TV.
It might be due to the outdated software of your TV. Power cycle your TV or try the Cold Boot process.
Other than this, try resetting your TV or internet router.
How do I update my Samsung TV to the latest version?
– Make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
– Go to Settings.
– Select Support.
– Select Software Update.
– Select Auto Update.
Is my Samsung Smart TV too old to download apps?
If your Smart TV is less than five years old and is a Samsung model that is Smart Hub-enabled, then you should be able to download apps on it.
If your model is too old, you won’t be able to download apps, but you might be able to access some streaming services if they are available.
How to update Samsung TV Firmware/Software via USB
11 ancillary questions
How do I install apps on my old Samsung smart TV?
– Press the Smart Hub button from your remote.
– Select Apps.
– Search for the app you want to install by selecting Magnifying glass icon.
– Type the Name of the application you want to install.
Then select Done.
– Select Download.
– Once the download completes, select Open to use your new app.
How do I download apps on my Samsung smart TV 2015?
– Press the Home button on your remote control.
– Select APPS and then select the Search icon in the top-right corner.
– Enter the app you want to download and select it.
You’ll see details about the app as well as screenshots and related apps.
– Select Install.
How do I reset a grayed out Samsung TV?
– 1 Power On the TV, and then press the Home button on the TV remote control.
– 2 Select Support and then press Enter.
– 3 Select Self Diagnosis and then press Enter on your remote control.
– 4 Navigate through the options and select Reset, and then press Enter on your remote control.
How do I get more apps on my Samsung Smart TV?
– From the Home screen, navigate to and select Apps and then select the Search icon in the top-right corner.
– Enter the app you want to download, select it, and then select Install.
– Press the Home button to open the Home screen menu.
How do I update my TV version?
– On the remote control, press the (Quick Settings) button.
– Select Settings.
– Select System.
– Select About.
– Select System software update.
– Check that the Automatically check for update setting is set to ON.
Why wont my apps load on Smart TV?
Perform a soft reset without a TV remote Unplug your TV from the power socket and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Once your TV has restarted, try using the app again. Software updates are released to provide bug and security fixes for your device.
How do you refresh apps on a smart TV?
– Select Google Play store.
If necessary, select Apps first, depending on your TV menu.
– Select your profile icon in the top-right of the screen.
– Select Manage apps and games.
– Select Updates.
– You can select any listed app to update or select Update all.
Do Apps update automatically on Smart TV?
For model-specific information, check your TV’s user manual.
To automatically update the installed apps, please note that automatic update is enabled only when the TV is connected to the Internet.
Why is my TV not letting me watch Hulu?
Troubleshooting Hulu or Hulu with Live TV Sign out of Hulu on all devices and sign in again. Delete the Hulu app and re-download it from the app store and log in again. Check your internet download speed from the device you’re using (it should be at least 6 Mbps for Hulu and 8 Mbps for Hulu with Live TV.)
How do I update my Samsung smart TV 2015?
– Turn on your TV, then press the Menu button on your remote.
– Select Support > Software Update.
– Select Update Now.
– After starting the update, your TV will power off, then turn on automatically.
You will see a confirmation message when the update has completed successfully.
– Turn it off by pressing the Power button on the unit itself or on the remote.
– Plug it back in then turn the TV back on from the Power button.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
- How to connect your SAMSUNG UE24H4003
- How to update SAMSUNG UE75MU7005
- How to go online with a SAMSUNG UE40M5005
You still have issues? Our team of experts and passionate could help you, feel free to contact us.