How to go online with your THOMSON 55UC6306
In a world where our phone serves as a GPS or a morning newspaper, and where our tablet serves as a gaming console, why wouldn’t our television serve to surf the Internet? Well it’s possible! Beyond watching your programs on your THOMSON 55UC6306, you can watch online videos, read your emails, or use apps.
It is to help you do all of this that we wrote this article on how to go on the Internet with a THOMSON 55UC6306. We will see that you can go on the Internet with your THOMSON 55UC6306 TV in different ways: with Android TV, with your TV and Internet provider box, and with your computer!
Using Android TV with your THOMSON 55UC6306
The first solution is to have the Android TV. But what is it ? This is an Android service to have Internet and applications on your THOMSON 55UC6306 TV.
You can either buy a TV with integrated Android TV, or buy the box NVIDIA SHIELD.
Here we will see the case of the box. Simply connect it to your THOMSON 55UC6306 TV with an HDMI cable.
For this, on your TV, plug the cable into “HDMi In”. On the SHIELD, plug the cable into “HDMi Out”.
You can now turn on your SHIELD with its remote control.
Make sure that your TV displays the SHIELD screen.
If it does not, take the remote control of your THOMSON 55UC6306 and press “Source”, or the button with an arrow that enters a square.
Then select the HDMI corresponding to the one where you just plugged in your SHIELD box.
There you go ! All you have to do is navigate your Android TV with the SHIELD remote control.
With an Internet box provider connected to THOMSON 55UC6306
You can also go on the Internet with a THOMSON 55UC6306 TV thanks to your TV and Internet provider box. First, connected the Internet box to the TV box with an ethernet cable.
Then, it is quite simple: you need to turn on your TV and Internet provider box, then, with the arrow keys and the “OK” button, select “My applications” or “My services”.
Find all the information about THOMSON 55UC6306 in our articles.
There you can choose the service or application you want to use to watch online videos, read your emails, or play a game.
With your computer wired to your THOMSON 55UC6306
Finally, you can go on the Internet with a THOMSON 55UC6306 TV thanks to your computer! In this case, your television becomes your computer screen. Start by connecting your computer, laptop or tower, with an HDMI cable to your television.
Make sure your TV displays the screen for your computer.
If it does not, take the remote control of your THOMSON 55UC6306 TV and press “Source”, or the button with an arrow that enters a square.
Then select the HDMI corresponding to the one where you just connected your computer.
Then you just have to connect a keyboard and a wireless mouse to your computer to browse the Internet from your sofa.
To conclude on going online with your THOMSON 55UC6306
We saw how to go online with a THOMSON 55UC6306 TV.
This can be handy for having a larger screen to watch videos, or play games.
But if you encounter difficulties, do not hesitate to contact a professional or a friend who knows the technology.
Thomson 55UC6406 / 43UC6406: Hands on (german)
10 ancillary questions
How do I reconnect my smart TV to the internet?
– Press the HOME button on the remote.
– Select Settings.
– The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: Select Network & Internet — Easy setup — Wi-Fi.
– Select your Wi-Fi network.
– Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
How do I connect my TV to WIFI?
– Get the tab with your WiFi’s name and password from your router.
– Using the remote, on your TV, find the Menu, then Network Settings, then Set Up a New Connection.
– Enter the WiFi name and password from the tab you grabbed earlier.
– You should be all set!
How do I manually reset my TV?
What to do when your TV turns on but the screen is black?
Unplug the TV from the wall, and, if possible, remove the power cord from the back of the TV to perform a soft reset. Wait 30 seconds, and plug the TV back into a working outlet to test it again.
If you’re still having screen issues, you might want to bring in an expert — they’ll know how to fix your TV’s black screen.
Do smart TVs need to be reset?
TVs are doing much more than they used to, so they too need a break every now and then as well.
According to Shull, you should be restarting your smart TV at least once a month. Doing so helps clean out the clutter, and prevent freezing mid-stream, sign-in troubles, and unresponsive services.
How do I force a factory reset on my TV?
– Turn on the TV.
– Press the HOME button on the remote control.
– Select Settings.
– The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: …
– Select Factory data reset or Reset.
– Select Erase Everything.
– Select Yes.
How do you hard reset a smart TV?
– On the TV remote control, press the HELP button or press the (Input) button, and then select Help.
– Select Manual (Help Guide).
– Select Settings.
– Select Using the Quick Settings → Settings → System → About → Reset → Factory data reset → Erase everything → Yes.
How do I reconnect my LG TV to Wi-Fi?
– Press the SMART button on your LG remote and scroll to access the Home menu.
– Select the Settings button, then OK.
– Select Network, then WiFi Connection.
– Your LG Smart TV will first attempt to connect to a wired network.
– Select your WiFi network from the list of available networks.
How can I force a factory reset?
– Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon in the lower-left to open up the Settings window.
You can also select the Settings app from the app list. Under Settings, click Update & Security to continue.
– Click the Recovery tab and select Get started under Reset this PC.
Why is my TV not responding to any remote?
Make sure none of the remote buttons are jammed or stuck.
The remote control battery terminals may be dirty.
Remove the batteries and clean the remote control terminals with a small solution of alcohol, using a cotton bud or soft cloth, then place the batteries back into the remote control.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
- How to unlock your THOMSON 49UC6306
- THOMSON 43UC6406 TV no longer lights or stays on standby
- How to record on THOMSON TV 24HC3111B
You still have issues? Our team of experts and passionate could help you, feel free to contact us.