How to download apps to your THOMSON 49UD6596
Today, applications are just one click away from us.
They are available everywhere: on your smartphones, on your computers, on your tablets … And even on your THOMSON 49UD6596 television! No more playing on a tiny screen, your games and applications can be used on your bigger screen. Whether it’s Candy Crush, Netflix, Youtube or Facebook, you’ll have access to all your favorites.
We’ve written this article to help you to do so, by presenting the three easiest ways to download apps on your THOMSON 49UD6596. We will see first the Smart TV, then the Android TV, and finally the Zappiti 4k player.
Smart TV on THOMSON 49UD6596
Smart TV via THOMSON 49UD6596 is the set of all the latest flat screen models you can connect to a network, whether by wi-fi or ethernet cable.
If this is not the case for your THOMSON 49UD6596, please go to the next paragraphs.
To download applications via Smart TV on your THOMSON 49UD6596, turn on your TV, and press “Home” if you are not already automatically on your Smart TV menu.
Then, with the arrow keys, go to the “Smart Hub” or “Applications” section, and select “My Applications”.
There you will have access to all your pre-downloaded applications on your television.
All you have to do is select the one you want to use.
But if you want more, here’s how: Go to “Playstore”, which sometimes contains the word “Google” or the brand of your THOMSON 49UD6596.
Thus, you are in a library of applications that you can download.
However, be careful! Some may be chargeable or require a subscription.
Make sure the application matches your wishes so you do not get ripped off.
Find all the information about THOMSON 49UD6596 in our articles.
You are solely responsible for your purchases on your THOMSON 49UD6596.
Android TV via your THOMSON 49UD6596
The Android TV is a connected television device, created by Google.
It can be included to your THOMSON 49UD6596 or can be accessed by an Android TV box.
Here’s how to download apps on your THOMSON 49UD6596 via Android TV.
To get started, take the remote control of your Android TV, and go to the Google Playstore.
There, in the search bar, using the keyboard on your remote or on your THOMSON 49UD6596 TV screen, type the name of the application you want to download. Select and start the download.
However, be careful! Some are chargeable and you will have to pay for them.
Make sure you really want to pay for the chosen application if it is charging you!
Zappiti 4k player on THOMSON 49UD6596
Zappiti 4k player is a box that allows you, through an interface, to watch videos you have downloaded as files before hand. But on top of that, you can download apps and use them on your television! Here’s how to download apps on your THOMSON 49UD6596 via Zappiti 4k player. Start by turning on your THOMSON 49UD6596 and your Zappiti player.
With the remote control of your television, press “Source” or “Input” until you see the Zappiti player screen.
Then take the remote control of the Zappiti box and select Google Playstore.
There, in the search bar, using the keyboard on your remote or on your TV screen, type the name of the application you want to download. Select there and start the download.
As said before, you must be aware that some are chargeable applications.
Please make sure you really want to pay for them if you do so!
How do I manually install apps on my TV?
– From the Android TV Home screen, scroll to “Apps.”
– Select the Google Play Store app .
– Browse or search for apps and games.
To browse: Move up or down to view different categories.
– Select the app or game you want.
– To install the app or complete your purchase, follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I add apps to my smart TV that are not listed?
– Press the Smart Hub button from your remote.
– Select Apps.
– Search for the app you want to install by selecting Magnifying glass icon.
– Type the Name of the application you want to install.
Then select Done.
– Select Download.
– Once the download completes, select Open to use your new app.
How do I install apps on my Android TV without Google Play?
How to sideload apps on Android TV using cloud storage.
Another easy method of sideloading apps on your Android TV is through cloud storage.
You can use Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive to install APKs on your Android TV.
Why can’t i download any apps on my TV?
Restart Your TV by Unplugging The first thing that you must try if your Samsung TV isn’t downloading apps is to restart your smart TV. For that, you simply need to disconnect the power supply to the TV for at least 10-20 seconds.
You can do it by unplugging the power cable or turning off the switch.
Total Reset SMART TV TCL Thomson
9 ancillary questions
How do I unblock unknown sources from installing apps?
– From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
– Navigate: Settings.
Menu icon. (upper-right).
– Tap. Special access.
Install unknown apps.
– Select the unknown app then tap the.
Allow from this source switch. to turn on or off .
Can you add additional apps to a smart TV?
From the Home screen, navigate to and select Apps and then select the Search icon in the top-right corner.
Enter the app you want to download, select it, and then select Install. Once you’ve downloaded the apps you want, it’s time to enjoy them.
Where is unknown sources in settings?
– Navigate to Setting > Security.
– Check the option “Unknown sources“.
– Tap OK on the prompt message.
– Select “Trust“.
How to allow installation of apps from unknown sources on Android TV?
Where is unknown sources in settings on Iphone?
– From a Home screen, tap. Settings.
– Navigate: Apps & Notifications.
Advanced. Special App access.
Install unknown apps.
– Tap the desired app (e.g., Chrome, Gmail, Drive, etc.) then tap.
Allow from this source.
How do I give permission to install an APK from unknown sources?
– From a Home screen, navigate to. Settings.
– Tap. Lock screen and security.
If unavailable, tap. Security.
– Tap the.
Unknown sources switch. to turn on or off.
If unavailable, Unknown sources.
to turn on or off.
Enabled when check mark is present.
– To continue, review prompt then tap. OK.
How do I manually install apps on my Samsung smart TV?
– Press the Home button on your Smart Remote, then navigate to Apps.
– Select an app to install, press the Select button, then move to the detailed information screen.
– Select Install.
– If you press Open, the app will open immediately.
How do I turn off permissions for unknown apps?
– On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app .
– At the top right, tap the profile icon.
– Tap Play Protect Settings .
– Tap Permissions for unused apps.
How do I give permission to install an APK?
Here’s how to do both. Download the APK you want to install and tap the notification to begin the installation. Go into your settings at the prompt to give your browser installation permission, and then follow the prompts after that to install your APK.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
- Managing parental control on THOMSON 43UD6326 4K
- How to set DTT channels on THOMSON 55UC6306
- How to unlock your THOMSON 32FA3103
You still have issues? Our team of experts and passionate could help you, feel free to contact us.